Subject: Re: VTU Interview and Advice
From: "J. David Johnson" <[email-masked]>
To: Joe Clasen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 19:59:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 18 Jul 1995, Joe Clasen wrote:

> 1) What one piece of advice would you give to someone just starting out as
> a  Lightwave animator?
> 2) How did you get started doing animation?
> 
Answer to number 1: Experiment

It's sometimes boring, and often redundant (did I say that already?) but 
is probably the most important apect of learning lightwave.  Lightwave is 
a complex tool in which to create animations, so complex in fact that 
there are several ways to accomplish the same thing.  Feature by feature, 
button by button, combination by combination.  Experimentation is the key 
to learning Lightwave.

Kinda like learning Algebra... the more theorems and rules you learn, the 
more problems you may solve.

2) I got started by buying a 4000 with Caligari 24 and then bought a 
Toaster for Lightwave.  I am far from being a "pro" but I create a 
pretty good keyframe once in a while. Oh, yeah, I spend way too much time 
in front of a monitor, but it's addictive. (Just like VTU, any chance of 
a weekly issue? And again John Gross, I think that making Lightwave Pro a 
magazine is a great idea!)

J. David - Video GT

--
"J. David Johnson" <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]